Hey kids, Comics!
Saddly, my tremendous writing talent has not (yet) been recognized by the industry (probably has something to do with my never finishing a story!), so I do not have a collection of links or other trinkets to illustrate my desired career. But while we wait, try some of these links to Other People's Comics:
- Dark Horse Comics - publishers of Grendel, Hellboy, and a little thing called (what was it again? oh yeah!) "Star Wars".
- DC Comics - publishers of the mostly recognized characters worldwide, and some books you actually want to be reading, such as... well, I am only reading their ELSEWORLDS and Animated lines at the moment, but there is nothing stronger or more persistant than the hopes of a comic book fan, is there? (Or a more persistant use of frames than this site.)
- Homage Comics - technically now DC Comics through their parent company Wildstorm, but that's not important. What is important is that they publish (well...) the always fun, always thoughtfull, always timely (if never actually on time) Astro City!
- Marvel Characters, Inc. - not that you would know it, but they are doing more than licensing, publishing titles such as Avengers, Black Panther, Thunderbolts, and more X-titles than you can sic a Sentinel on!
- Paul Fricke - co-creator of Trollords, co-creator of Terror Tots, and completely nice guy.
- Lawrence Watt-Evans - noted Fantasy author, which is why I will always remember him for his Science Fiction. But he has actually done comics, and also does Superhero Prose, which I just can't get enough of.
- Christopher Priest - is actually the author of one of the aforementioned titles, but he has enough trouble without me getting it canceled on him.
- Steven Grant - a very useful page for those interested in the mechanical process of writing comics. Just don't ask him to read anything.
But I can't have a web page without some self promotion, so if you haven't already, check out my customized LEGO Supers (and others) and my Super Hero Tarot.
And if you are ever in the Twin Cities, visit my former comics shop (and coincidentally, purveyors of the aformentioned customizations), Outpost 2000.
Return to the Home Page